HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Mix of Things (Some New/Old Books for the Study, Dining Room Artwork, and a New Chalkboard Print)

Well, I got our master bathroom mini makeover finished up and photographed but I still haven't finished going through the photos yet or writing up the post so hopefully I will have that post ready for Friday.  Seeing how it's not ready I figured I would share a mix of some photos I've taken over the last week or two that don't really belong in their own post but I figured I could kind of put them all together here this morning. =) 

First, over the last several months we've added quite a few new books to our bookshelves in this room. We've had books passed down or given as gifts from both sides of the family and it has been so special adding them into the shelves. I hope slowly over the years we will continue to add books that have meaning to us or that are passed on down until all the shelves are full. It brings such a smile to my face whenever I walk into this room and see some of these books that hold different memories for me. We've also moved around a few things and are going to start adding in some more of our sports memorabilia and go with a more masculine feel in here (except for the flowers - ha!) 







You can see more photos of this room here and find a full source list here. I didn't take any full room shots of it this time because the girls have taken over the whole floor to "build" a rocket ship out of a big cardboard box. =) 

Another room I switched around a bit in the last week or two was the dining room. After I painted it Kendall Charcoal I played around with some black and white artwork in here but even though I loved how it looked against the dark walls I didn't think it flowed quite right with the rest of the downstairs so I moved those back upstairs and tried this oil painting in here and added the oversized clock back to the wall between the windows.  The oil painting is particularly special to me as it was my grandfather's and then my moms but she knew how much I had always loved it and gave it to me. 





I think I may eventually move the clock into our family room and add another piece of artwork to that wall but who knows.



Source List 

Wall Color - Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore in Matte Finish
Trim Color - Simply White by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss Finish
Beadboard Wallpaper - Allen and Roth from Lowe's
Chandelier - Savvy in Williamsburg, VA
Farmhouse Table - I made it using this plan from Ana White's site. Stained with Rustoleum's Weathered Gray and Minwax's Provincial
End Chairs and Side Chairs - World Market
Tufted Bench - Home Goods
Side Chairs next to Sideboard - Joss and Main
Oil Painting - was my grandfather's 
Mirror - Restoration Hardware (six or seven years ago but I think they still sell it)
Drapery Panels - IKEA Ritva Panels 
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
Sideboard - The Velvet Shoestring (consignment shop - then painted with AS's French Linen chalk paint from Lady Butterbug)
Urn on Sideboard - from a shop I worked at years ago
Pitcher with Flowers on Sideboard - Target
Bucket on Table - Antique Farmhouse
Flowers - Trader Joe's
Clock - Joss and Main

And then last we have our L.M. Montgomery "Always Danced" quote that we introduced last week as a raspberry colored print will be available as a chalkboard print later today! 


You can find a source list for this room here. 

Well, that's it for today's rambling mix. =) I should be back Friday with our little bathroom makeover.

Have a fabulous Wednesday!


5 comments:

  1. They've got that entire pink wonderland room full of toys and they play with cardboard boxes in the den?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are kids. =) They spend hours on end in their playroom cooking, crafting and playing with their dolls, but they also build forts with blankets and build cardboard rocket ships and castles. I love that they use their imagination!

      Delete
  2. I love the touches you have added of family books and your grandmother's print to your rooms...so special.
    Also, being a mother of six I know how fun simple boxes can be!!!
    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how cozy all your rooms are. You've inspired me to redo my master bedroom! I'd love to have book shelves in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love your decorating style...my husband would shoot me putting different holes in the walls to rearrange...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...