HTML Pages Pics


Click to visit our brand new site!

Thursday, May 5, 2016

A Little Peek at Our Guest Room, New Art and a New Print


When we switched the bedrooms this winter so that the girls could each have their own room the remaining items ended up in here in our guest room. I didn't love the white headboard against the white wall so I thought I would possibly try to recover the headboard or maybe paint the walls. I decided to paint the walls because I thought it would be a little more fun that way, and if I hated it, it's pretty easy to just paint them again a lighter colors. I am still working on this room (for instance I am switching out the nightstands for round wood ones that I am really excited about and switching up the bedding a little bit) but I thought I would show a little peek of how it's looking. 

The first thing I did was paint the walls Nightfall in an eggshell finish from Benjamin Moore. Then I added some black buffalo check drapery panels from Country Curtains. I went with the 96" length and love how they look. I like that they keep the room from getting too modern or formal looking and they have great weight to them. I'll have some better photos of them when we share the whole room! It was raining the day I took these so they are pretty grainy. I am thinking about getting the larger gingham check for our dining room - they are so beautiful!  And then I hung this chandelier. I love the dainty size of it for this room. And I like the touch of gold it adds to coordinate with the gold lamps I found at HomeGoods. 


I love this Portrait of Josephine Gaujelin. I am not sure I like her on that wall though. I think I may move her over near the desk area. And I am playing around with some mirrors in here. I haven't decided which one I am going to end up using. This round wood one is from HomeGoods. I love the size and the round shape but don't think the overall look will be quite right, but I am not positive yet. 



And then over on this wall I hung our new artwork from Deann Art. This one is called Courage to Bloom (make sure to scroll down past the originals which are sold out, to the gallery wrapped canvas options which are available in several different sizes!) I actually think I love this piece even more than our angel one which I can't believe I am saying. I absolutely LOVE the colors and the overall feel of it! And I LOVE how it looks against the dark walls. However, after a few days of it hanging in here I got a little sad about it because I don't go in this room all that often, so I didn't really get to enjoy it so I ended up moving it downstairs to a spot I get to enjoy it in all day long.  I'll share some pictures of where it ended up in the next post. And then we added a standing lamp from HomeGoods because I had stolen the one we used to have in here to use in Lillie's new room. 


I can't wait to share full room shots once it's finished! 



And lastly here's our newest print just in time for summer! It's another one of our favorite F. Scott Fitzgerald quotes:





Source List:

Door Color - Mopboard Black by Benjamin Moore in Semi-gloss Finish
Beadboard Wallpaper - Allen and Roth from Lowe's (then painted over)
Wall Color - Nightfall by Benjamin Moore in and Eggshell finish
Drapery Panels - Country Curtains Buffalo Check in Black 96" (one set)
Chandelier - Birch Lane
Portrait of Josephine Gaujelin - Joss and Main/Wayfair
Floral Painting - Courage to Bloom by Deann Art in the 36 by 36 size. 
Bed - Skyline Furniture about six or seven years ago (almost identical one here in White Duck)
Black Velvet Pillows - HomeGoods
White fluffy pillows - HomeGoods
Rug - HomeGoods
Lamps - HomeGoods
Nightstands - Pier 1 about 9 years ago

Peacocks - Family antique
Basket under nightstand - Wayfair

Roman Shades - Lowe's (they've since been discontinued)
Drapery Panels - IKEA
Drapery Rods - Lowe's
 
Desk - IKEA

Chair - Joss and Main
Mirror - HomeGoods (similar can be found here)
Gold Scissors, Stapler and Dog Tape Dispenser - Nate Berkus at Target
Notebooks - HomeGoods
Sofa - from a little shop in South Carolina about nine years ago
Navy throw on sofa - Birch Lane
Side Table - Target years and years ago painted Ballet White (also years ago)
Horse head - HomeGoods
Vase with roses - Target (roses picked from our yard)

Print - Dear Lillie

I hope you all have a lovely Thursday!




4 comments:

  1. This room is so beautiful! I LOVE the black painted beadboard. It feels very modern farmhouse. The buffalo check drapes, the artwork, the chandelier... the room has a great mix of casual and luxe. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous Jennifer. I love the dark paint, it makes the room so cozy and elegant. The lamps are pretty amazing too. It all came together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The room looks amazing with the dark paint! I am always so impressed with your talent to pull a room together!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my ticket waiting to visit and I am happy to have you as my new best friend! Tee! hee! You most certainly have the gift of making a person feel MOST welcome! I hope that you have many generous and interesting guests who appreciate your generous hospitality.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...